Snow, Snow, and More Snow

By | 12:58 PM
This week has been crazy, but the biggest part was snow. 
snow snow snow, and more snow. 
but, it's not even snow... it's ice.  it's just ice.  and it's humid still, so I'm pretty sure there are icicles on my lungs now. 
  
We had a snow day on Friday... we were told to stay off the roads.  So we wrapped up all warm and went door to door with snow shovels and begged people to let us help them shovel their drive ways.  
One old lady with a lazy eye gave us warm apple cider with a dead fly and a couple strands of her hair in it.  That hot cider helped melt some ice on the side walk.

On Sunday we watched the Christmas devotional with my favorite family :) 
  
I'm writing a talk for our zone conference on the 10th about "why the Savior's birth is important to the world"  and I am experiencing all kinds of cool insights :)  I love that hour a day I have to study, and then all those other minutes through out the day I have to tell people all about it!

Christmas is amazing and being on a mission during Christmas is even better.  Service is the best way to feel that spirit of Christmas, and I'm doing all the service I can! 

The members are amazing... I am trying to find a way to let them know how much I personally am grateful for all their support and love. 
One sister gave me her sweater because I told her it was cute, the dinner appointment we had on Sunday gave us a small present of chocolate and some altoids :)  another sister just wanted to take our picture and E-mail it home for us. The members we live with made me some gluten free cookies that taste like Christmas.  

It's super cold, but I'm staying warm. 
Maybe I'm cheesy, but keeping the spirit close warms my frozen fingers! 
  
Today what is keeping me warm is Alma 57:21-27.

"Yea, and they did obey and observe to perform every word of command with exactness; yea, and even according to their faith it was done unto them; and I did remember the words which they said unto us that their mothers had taught them...... And now, their preservation was astonishing to our whole army, yea, that they should be spared while there were a thousand of our brethren who were slain. And we do justly ascribe it to the miraculous power of God, because of their exceeding faith in that which they had been taught to believe--that there was a just God, and whosoever did not doubt, that they should be preserved by his marvelous power."


It is for us to make the effort-
the result is always in God's hands
-Mahatma Gandhi




Newer Post Older Post Home